Re: Back up data in Rescue mode

On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 21:55, M.K wrote:
> My FC2 deos not boot up.
> How could I back  up my data in rescue mode with shell command ?

Where do you want to put it?  If you have another machine
you can let rescue mode bring up the network and either
nfs mount shared directories from the other system or
use 'rsync -essh ...' to copy them over the network to
a remote ssh login.

> my data are on local  directory.
> How could I login in as a root  to see my local dir.
> -result With "ls" command in shell prompt:
>  bin             etc           linuxra             mnt
> oldtmp
>         sbin                 sys                usr
>  dev              lib
> lost+fund            modules          proc
>         selinux         temp             var

If rescue mode was able to find your partitions and
mount them normally and you followed the instructions
with the 'chroot' command, everything should appear
in it's usual locations from your shell prompt.  That
is, if your files are in your home directory it would
be /home/your_login.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx