moving linux partitions

What's the best way to move Linux partitions?  I'm running FC4 and need
to move two of them: the main and swap partitions, to a second hard
drive on the same system.  But when I try copying these partitions from
Windows XP using Partition Magic 8 I get an error 510: "The version of
the file system is not supported."  This doesn't make sense to me as
Partition Magic 8 supposedly supports the ext3 file system -- I used it
to create the original partitions in the first place.  (Also this would
be the first time Partition Magic has not been... well, magical.)

Thanks for the help!
Jerry