Re: FC5 Boot Issue?

On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 15:01 -0700, Craig White wrote:

> considering that the official FC-5 disks haven't been released yet...who
> could possibly know that what you have is actually the official FC-5
> images to start with?

I have to ask this one very quick question....

Has there EVER been one time/release where the ISO's were leaked early,
and it turned out the version was rooted/tampered with, or wasn't the
official version (And I mean by anyone other than Red Hat, and other
than a package getting updated last minute)?

I'm pretty sure Red Hat doesn't care if the iso's get leaked by a server
or two (remember also, SOME countries are probably on Mar 20th already)
a day or two early.  For one, those particular servers are the ones who
would have to serve up all that bandwidth for whatever amount of users,
with maybe only them or one or two others that offer the ISO's, so they
are the only ones who suffer.  Two, it's not a national security breech
if they are leaked, and doubt anyone will take anyone to court over it.
I'd say it's safe to say they are official and to just either help or
just chill out until tomorrow if you wish.  Your choice :)

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's only funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious!"