Re: How to setup sendmail to send mail out from Fedora Core ??

Les Mikesell wrote:

> The ISP should have provided the information about the mail
> server to use as a relay.  Add it in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc like:
> define(`SMART_HOST',`my_isp_relay.com')
> and restart sendmail.  I doubt if postfix makes it a great
> deal easier than that...

About the same.

Edit /etc/postfix/main.cf
add a line:
relayhost=my_isp_relay.com
run "service postfix reload".

Depending on your main.cf file, you may be able to find a commented
several commented out relayhost examples. I have a stripped file,
with all the comments removed, but I keep a copy of the main.cf file
that is distributed with the postfix source just for reference.

Mikkel