Re: pyzor and SELinux

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 22:45 -0800, Antony Nguyen wrote:
> Hi Craig,
>
> On Sat, 18 Mar 2006, Craig White wrote:
>
> >> Can anyone give me a hint as to how to add an selinux policy for pyzor or
> >> enable its ability to resolve names?
> >>
> > ----
> > try this...
> >
> > yum install selinux-policy-targeted-sources
> > cd /etc/selinux/targeted/src/policy
> > audit2allow -d >> domains/local.te
> > make reload
> >
> > I won't explain and I'm just guessing that will work for you.
>
> Thanks, that seems to have done the trick.  I'm running auditd so I
> actually used:
>
> audit2allow -i /var/log/audit/audit.lg >> domains/misc/local.te
>
> This begs the question though:  should this be part of the
> spamassassin/pyzor policy shipped with Fedora?  I pretty much used
> the standard FC4 installation of spamassassin (spamd) and pyzor
> (not pyzord) with the only configuration on my part was running
> 'pyzor discover' as root to download the pyzor server list.
> Should I submit this as a 'bug' or RFE to the SELinux guru, or is
> this local policy considered to be a regular sysadmin task that
> we'll just have to deal with?

----
I honestly don't know...Paul will probably check in before too
long...he's very sharp on selinux and might be able to give you a better
answer than I can.

I vaguely recollect a discussion similar to this on the selinux list a
week or so ago, but I'm a child of the 60's and I've toasted too many
brain cells to retain information that I wasn't interested in.
----

> A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
----
enjoyed that - actually appropriated it for use elsewhere...thanks

Craig