Re: local yum server

François Patte wrote:
> Here is what I have done:
>
> Install httpd  on your server.
>
> create in /var/www/html/ a symlink named "updates-released" pointing to:
>
> /var/cache/yum/updates-released/
>
> Every time you update your server, run:
>
> createrepo /var/www/html/updates-released/
>
> On every client add a line in /etc/yum.repo.d/fedora-update-released.repo:
>
> baseurl=http://myserver.mydomain/updates-released
>
> And you're done.

What about software installed on the clients but not on the server? Yum
on the server won't pull down any updates (because the software to be
updated is not installed on the server), so the clients won't see any
updates.

I should have thought that this is especially true for Extras.

(I should also have thought that you might have to relabel
/var/cache/yum/undates-released and descendants periodically, or SELinux
will stop httpd from accessing those files. But that's just a guess.)

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | I learnt the rules of rugby. There is only one rule.
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | "Skip it by any means necessary".