From: sai krishna <saikrishna1511@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 0:36:31 AM GMT-0700
Subject: Re: bacula server

I think command you should run is

rpmbuild --rebuild --define 'fc3 1' --define 'build_mysql 1' --define 'build_mysql4 1' bacula.spec
(The spec file is found in SPECS directory)

"RYAN M. vAN GINNEKEN" < luck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote: First off thanks to all for your tremendous help without it i would have probably given up on bacula by now. Lets just say it is a probably a good thing the fedora box is remote so i cannot physically get to it. Got C++ installed managed to get the extras working and seem to have the rpmbuildtree in my home directory. Looks like i am on to a whole new set of problems now, but this is great i think this means progress right?

rpmbuild]$ ls
bacula-1.38.5-4.src.rpm BUILD RPMS SOURCES SPECS SRPMS
[rmvg@shoemasters rpmbuild]$ rpmbuild --rebuild --define 'fc3 1' --define 'build_mysql 1' --define 'build_mysql4 1' bacula-1.38.5-4.src.rpm
Installing bacula-1.38.5-4.src.rpm
warning: user sbarn does not exist - using root
warning: user sbarn does not exist - using root
warning: user sbarn does not exist - using root
warning: user sbarn does not exist - using root
warning: user sbarn does not exist - using root
warning: user sbarn does not exist - using root
error: You must specify a platform. Please examine the spec file.
error: line 67: Unknown tag: exit 1

ps. I am unaware of top posting not sure what u mean, none of the other lists i am on seem to notice anything. Is this message top posted too?