Re: DVD burning issue - more info

On Monday 13 March 2006 13:24, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:

> I never had problems with growisofs but in any case , you can always
> make the *.iso ( as Paul suggested ) and burn the iso . It would be a
> surprise if growisofs would fail to burn an *.iso .

You may have read in other parts of the thread, but attempting to write the
image drew attention to the real problem.  k3b could not handle file names in
ISO8859-15 that contained international characters.  I downloaded and
installed convmv.  The snag is that you had to give the start character set
as well as the required one, and I wasn't sure of that.  I experimented,
guessing that it would be ISO8850-15 and trying it on one file that wasn't
important.  It happily converted the file, so I used it on the two
directories where I thought I was most likely to see the problem.  After that
I could both write and image and burn on-the-fly from k3b.

Thanks to all who answered.

Anne