Re: DVD burning issue

Greetings Anne,

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Sunday 12 March 2006 19:33, Paul Smith wrote:

< snip >

After failing to even make the iso, I find that it is objecting to the names of some of my files. Some of them have international characters in them, and it seems that the character set being used at the moment does not support them.

Anne : mkisofs by default uses the ISO88590-1 charachter set ( which is
plain english ) so any file names using Greek Charachters for example would
be reject or there would be need for conversion ( Something like Greeklish )
or you could you the

-input-charset

of  mkisofs in order to use an alternate charachter set for the
input files . Since the output files are going to use the input charachter set
by default there is no need for any other modifications

The correct setting for Greek Charachters for example would be

-input-charset ISO8859-7 ,

you can use the

#mkisofs -input-charset help ,

command for assistance on the charachter set to be used .

Kind Regards,
   Kostas