Re: email/groupware solution ?

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 01:17:00PM +0100, Marcel Janssen wrote:
> I'm setting up a FC server for my small starting company. It's a company of
> only 3 people and I'm looking for a good email/groupware solution.
>
> Besides email I'd like to have calender functionality and a good way to manage
> our client addresses.
> I don't need much fancy stuff, but rather focus on functionality and the
> ability to have client software running on both Linux and windows.

I'm in a similar situation. I'd also like any such solution to work
with exim/dovecot and not replace my SMTP/IMAP subsystems.

After some investigation I ended up with opengroupware as a
candidate. It looks like people had been successfully using it with
dovecot. I'll be packaging it up at ATrpms (maybe in the testing
section).

I also like horde a lot, but the integration with other clients like
evolution's calendaring isn't there, and having a web-only calendaring
is sometimes bothersome.

P.S. if anyone is interested in packging up any other solution like
for example horde, ATrpms would welcome it :)

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net