Re: Share /boot between fc3 and fc5?

--On Saturday, March 11, 2006 9:38 AM -0500 Tony Nelson <tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Should I have it put everything in the LVM partition and
copy the relevent files from its /boot to the real one, and modify the
grub.conf by hand?

Don't share boot. Share boot/grub. Pick one to be the "real" boot/grub and after you've installed the 2nd OS, use a loop mount to mount the authoritative boot/grub over boot/grub on the other OS. Then, when you update kernels on the other OS, the install script will update grub.conf in the authoritative boot directory.

I'm doing essentially this, but with FC4 i386 on one partition and x86_64 on the other. The tedious part is that I have to hand-edit the grub entry after a kernel upgrade to indicate which entries are which partition. They both say "Fedora Core 4" (and the kernel version) but not the arch.