Problems with HP Proliant ML110 Server

Hello list,

as a new Fedora user I'm having trouble getting the soon to be new mailserver
up and running. As the topic says it's a ML 110 with a Promise FastTrack 150
SATA controller, there are 2 Maxtor 160Gb SATA drives in it right now in RAID
1 to have some kind of failsafe.
The controller should use the sata_sx4 module but as anaconda starts loading
the module the system freezes.
The only distributions that boot on it are RedHat 9.0 and Gentoo. Redhat boots
due to the drivers Promise has supplied. And Gentoo sees the RAID 1 drives as
two separate drives.
As this will be a public server I can't have an old outdated distro running on
it. I've been looking at both CentOS and Fedora but since we use a lot of
Fedora at work it seams like the natural choice. If anyone has any good ideas
on where to start troubleshooting I'd be glad to hear them. Also if further
information on the server is needed I'll supply it.
Naturally it would be nice to use the Promise drivers for RH9 if possible but
any other solutions are welcome.

Mats Hellman
Finland