Re: OT: Humor

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 17:22 -0500, jludwig wrote:
> Do any of you remember what a slide rule is?

Yes, though it's so long since I've used one, I can't really remember
how to do so.  They were a bit out of date when I was studying, but
there were still some lecturers who made the comment that you could tell
the engineering students apart from the rest by the pocket full of slide
rules.  They needed more than one because they'd catch fire from all the
furious calculations...

I still use a circular one, though.  My photo-voltaic cell light meter
for my camera has one for you to calculate your exposure.  ;-)

I read messages from the public lists.