Re: udev not running script: Almost there!

Tim wrote:

Craig White:
#1 - any rules you create should NOT go into 50-udev.rules since, a)
that file gets replaced any time there is a udev package update and b)
rules are parsed alphabetically in the folder and the first rule wins so
10-udev.rules would solve both those issues.

Mariano López Reta:

Well, after careful reading, I restated 50-udev.rules to original state
and wrote my own .rules as follows:

SUBSYSTEM=="tty" , NAME=="ttyUSB0" , SYSFS{dev}=="188:0" , PROGRAM+="/etc/udev/scripts/ipaq.sh"

since udevinfo -a -p /sys/class/tty/ttyUSB0 reports only SUBSYSTEM, NAME and SYSFS{dev}. I restarted udev with logging = info, and in /var/log/messages I saw that my script is in fact run, but previous to the creation of /dev/ttyUSB0 so the commands contained in my script are useless. So, how can I make my script run AFTER the creation of /dev/ttyUSB0? The creation is the last thing that udev do, but I have no clue how to run something after that.

I was of the understanding that first to set a UDEV rule wins, it's not
dealt with again.  So you'd normally have a 10-local.rules file to set
your rules first.  If you did need to set rules after the systems set
ones, then the obvious thing to try would be to have something like a
60-local.rules file.

I very vaguely remember reading of a recent change in the udev
such that all rules are processed even after a match unless
something like OPTIONS="last_rule" appears in the rule.  I don't
recall which version of udev supposedly instituted this change.