Re: OT: Humor

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 22:30 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 09 March 2006 21:30, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> >
> > What is really interesting is that there is software for both DOS
> > and Linux that will let you run CP/M on a PC. So you can run the
> > native 8080 and Z80 assemblers and dis-assemblers under CP/M. There
> > was even a version that took advantage of the NEC 8086/8088
> > replacement CPU's that would also do 8080 instruction sets.
> >
> I read that I could even get software to run my ZX81 under linux, but I'm not
> sure I could stand the excitement ;-)

----
I made the mistake of installing FC-4 on my Sony C1X with only a 4Gb HD,
266Mhz P2 processor and 64mb RAM when I was hanging around beat up from
a motorcycle accident and booting is so slow and living in VM hell that
when you do finally log in and get the GUI, it's only saving grace is
running nxclient (freenx client) and after that loads...it's a
tiger  ;-)

but it seems to be a good long 5 minutes from power on to nxclient - I
haven't timed it but it is ssslllllooooooooowwwwww.

and all this discussion of the old systems reminded me how much I loved
CP/M, WordStar and dBase  ;-)

Craig