Re: Does terminal mode have equivalent DOS feature?

Tim Alberts wrote:
If I'm running in run level 3 (terminal) and I issue a command, most
of the time, the information I want is scrolled right off the screen.
I remember from back in my MSDOS days that you could append to a
command the '|more' and it will print information to the screen 'one
page at a time' (kinda). Therefore, you can read all that is printed.
Is there an equivalent in Linux when running terminal in run level 3?

Have you tried doing it?

How about less as well?

Linux/Unix is a bit cleverer than DOS though, programs have two standard
output streams, one for output and one for errors, so you may want to
have a look at 'info bash' or 'man bash': basic shell features:
redirections.

--
imalone