Re: Probably silly Q

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 20:29, Brian Mury wrote:
>On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 18:43 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> The log its generating looks like this:
>>
>> 2006-03-08 18:40:10 router.coyote.den [192.168.1.1] TRAP, SNMP v1,
>> community public
>>         enterprises.3093.2.2.1 Enterprise Specific Trap (1) Uptime:
>> 3 days, 9:13:22.01
>>         enterprises.3093.1.1.0 = "@in 213.46.20.125 32459
>> 141.153.73.76 6881."
>>
>> But I have NDI where its getting that uptime, because
>> [root@gene etc]# uptime
>>   6:41pm  up 208 days,  5:55,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00,
>> 0.00
>
>The router is reporting the router's uptime.

In which case its lieing thru its teeth, its uptime should be in months,
several of them.  Its all on a big ups & the last powerdown would have
been when I replaced the ups battery a good 8 months ago.  Does it have
a tick overflow like W95 had or something?  I'm gonna watch this...  Or
does it reset itself when I change something in it like port
forwarding, or enabling that logging, which would have been the last
thing I piddled with.

And I think I'll see if I can get snmptrapd to do some address
translations if it can.  Some of the addresses its logging are only
shown as an epsilon character, just one of them, and that bugs me.
But I just realised that I'm ONLY seeing that in the routers out
outgoing connections screen, not in the log snmptrapd is doing.
Hum, wanders off scratching head, wearing out what hair I have left at
71.

Thanks.  I sent tech support at linksys a query last night but the only
reply so far is the automated one we all know is only Hawking Radiation
from the black hole the message went into.  Sigh...

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: