Re: Probably silly Q

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 14:43, Roger Heflin wrote:
> [...]

chkconfig snmptrapd on, then edited it to make a seperate logfile,
started it and its working.  Now to figure out a way to actually make
it usefull :-)

The log its generating looks like this:

2006-03-08 18:40:10 router.coyote.den [192.168.1.1] TRAP, SNMP v1,
community public
        enterprises.3093.2.2.1 Enterprise Specific Trap (1) Uptime: 3
days, 9:13:22.01
        enterprises.3093.1.1.0 = "@in 213.46.20.125 32459 141.153.73.76
6881."

But I have NDI where its getting that uptime, because
[root@gene etc]# uptime
  6:41pm  up 208 days,  5:55,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

And [root@gene etc]# uname -r
2.4.29

Darned kernel is getting a bit long in the tooth there. :)

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: