Re: From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 14:19, Tony Heaton wrote:

> many packages that I use everyday aren't gui and aren't in any menu on
> any desktop.  Yum info describes all packages, not just gui ones.

But those are packages, not programs. As an example, a lot of
people might find the 'convert' program useful if they read
it's man page.  The output of 'yum search convert' is more than
anyone wants to see and not really useful.  How are you supposed
to guess the 'yum info ImageMagick' invocation that you'd need
if you don't have the convert man page on line?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx