Re: UOL Anti spam is back, again...

Em Segunda 06 Março 2006 19:30, Craig White escreveu:
> On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 19:20 -0300, Pedro Fernandes Macedo wrote:
> > Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> > > I am getting these as well.  They are spamming
> > > me with 8 pieces of email messages (AntiSpam Messages)
> > > in a language other than english so I cannot read.
> > >
> > > How do we flush them out?
> > >
> > > Dan
> >
> > I've talked with some other admins from that I know and the
> > consensus is that maybe if Redhat contacts directly UOL regarding
> > this broken antispam, they'll probably take some action instead
> > of just ignoring the e-mail, like they've done to all my e-mails
> > to abuse@xxxxxxxxxx .
>
> ----
> Actually, when their users figure out why large numbers of people
> block email from uol.com.br and start seeking alternatives, they
> will change their ways.

Agree. It happens that UOL doesn't consider this a bug, but a feature.
They SELL this "service" and will change the "antispam" behavior only
when their own users start to change ISP because their messages are
being rejected by a number of other domains. On the other hand, being
the UOL antispam is an optional PAID service, not all of their
clients use it. Those who don't probably will not know why their
messages don't get to the recipients and therefore will not take
action agaist UOL. That's why UOL doesn't care to solve the problem.

[]'s
Marcelo