Re: From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 16:49, David Boles wrote:

> >> This is exactly what everyone has been trying to tell you all along. You want
> >> ONE package so you install everything. That way you would be sure to get the
> >> "the gazillion packages" that you don't want.
> >
> > How do I know I don't want them until I've tried them all?  Isn't
> > it like flavors of ice cream except all free?
> >

> How new at this are you?

Old enough to remember versions of unix where you had to pay
extra to get a compiler or X so I'm happy to have more thrown
in for free. I'm not sure what that has to do with knowing
whether you'll find a program useful without trying it, or
knowing if you are likely to run across a script that invokes
it in the future.

>  I always go through the default install package
> selection and un-select things just because I don't want everything.
>
> And come to think of it has it been mentioned to you that the 'install
> everything' button never really did 'install everything'?

I guess I always believed the part that said it installed more
than all of the individual groups combined.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx