Re: From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006, David Boles wrote:

Les Mikesell wrote:
On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 13:36, David Boles wrote:

yum has some cool features.  Try

yum search java
That was fun but the gazillion packages that scroll by turn
out to not include the one I'd actually want...

This is exactly what everyone has been trying to tell you all along. You want
ONE package so you install everything. That way you would be sure to get the
"the gazillion packages" that you don't want.

How do I know I don't want them until I've tried them all?  Isn't
it like flavors of ice cream except all free?

How new at this are you? I always go through the default install package
selection and un-select things just because I don't want everything.

And come to think of it has it been mentioned to you that the 'install
everything' button never really did 'install everything'?

I install as much as possible because that is one of the fastest ways to find bjorked up dependancies.

--
"George W. Bush -- Bringing back the Sixties one Nixon at a time."