Re: impatient for FC5 release

Leon wrote:

So if I enable the release repo instead of devel repo on the release
date, can I get a system same as one installed from scratch? I'm very
curious of this question since I have been using fedora 5 devel since
test 1 and have configured it a bit. Really don't want to re-install
everything.

The development tree might move past FC5 before the release date. If you watch the rawhide reports on fedora-test on a regular basis you would have noticed that the number of updates have been generally low approaching the release. At some point the development tree would move back into the open development for FC6 again and you will see the flood gates open up with a large number of updates again. Having said that, its recommended that you do a reinstallation since there might be packaging and configuration cruft in the test/development releases that you might create problems that wouldnt have occurred on a clean installation . In short, if you a tester be prepared do a clean installation on the GA release when it is made available for routine work.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Testing.

Will the debug option get disabled approaching release date?
Yes. That might have already happened by now. I haven checked that.

--
Rahul