Re: Journal File System

On 3/3/06, Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jeremy Thompson wrote:
> Also good reading here -
> http://thebs413.blogspot.com/2005_08_01_thebs413_archive.html

Indeed. As one who "was there" during all this, I found it
very interesting. However, I found a few factual errors
in it. For example, in regards to the allocation strategies
used with FAT and DOS. There were more than one, and they were
user selectable. Furthermore, it is a theorem of computer
science that "first fit" is likely the best strategy for a FAT
type file system, yet he deprecates it.

But I recommend reading it. Just take some of the criticism
of FAT methodology with a grain of salt.

Mike

I take most of the linux vs. MS stuff with a grain of salt.  I have been able to talk to the guy a little and he seems very open to communication and has revised his other posts.  If you emailed him he might 'correct' some of his stuff.

Other than that most of the stuff was over my head...

JT

You have found the bank of Larn.