Re: Journal File System

Syed Ali wrote:

I am trying to decided between JFS/GFS/Reiser/Ext3 for a production file
server, any  benchmarks for a journaling file system for Linux, any
links to articles/papers that have done this comparison already would be
appreciated.

Several of those were compared by Justin Piszcz:
http://linuxgazette.net/122/piszcz.html

Generally, I'd recommend ext3 on RHEL 4. The ext3 fs driver on RHEL 4 features significant performance improvements relative to earlier releases.