Re: DMA issues with FC4 on a Dell precision M70

Robin Laing wrote:
François Patte wrote:

Alfredo Ferrari wrote:

Been away for a week so I am late responding.

Having had similar problems on a Toshiba laptop with an Intel ICH6 controller. Could not get DVD's to play and could not get DMA to work.

I can now play DVD's perfectly from my DVD player. I played with the 'options libata atapi_enabled=1' settings and the latest kernel seems to have all working. I would have to look at the laptop to see the exact changes (at home). I could not get that libata settings to work at first.

I know that the changes did not work in grub but I had to play with the module config files.

FWIW, these are the changes I made.

options ide hdc=noprobe  (DVD drive)
options libata atapi_enabled=1

I don't remember making this change but I could have.
alias scsi_hostadapter ata_piix

--
Robin Laing