Re: Reliable file system?

Carsten Gaebler wrote:
Better mount the filesystem with the sync option. Then every write goes directly to the disk bypassing the filesystem buffers. If possible, also turn off the disk's write cache (or set it to write-through). Together with ext3's data journalling mode, this should give you the most reliability you can get - and the worst performance. :-)

While these are excellent suggestions, they are not "the
most reliability you can get" from a disc. However, to get
much more reliability without adding an UPS requires an
entirely different and more intrusive type of approach.
By intrusive, I mean "more visible to the application",
i.e. requiring special cognizance in the application of
when it needs to "commit" operations.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.