Re: Reliable file system?

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 16:51 -0300, Marcelo Magno T Sales wrote:

> > What file system are you using now?
>
> Sorry! I'm using ext3. Thought it's journal would be more efficient
> than it has been.

Well, I would have said ext3 was the one to use.  If you are still
getting corruption with that the only real solution is to get a UPS.

A kludge you might try depending on the application you are running is
to try and flush the buffers to disk more often.  Believe you can use
the sync command to do that.  Possibly in a cron job.

But like I said that is a major kludge and probably won't protect you
very much.