RE: Faint hope : new printer drivers in FC5?

> beartooth wrote:
> > Fool that I was, I bought a printer on someone's
> recommendation, without
> > thinking to check whether it worked with linux. It's a
> Lexmark X1185 --
> > which didn't then, and still doesn't afaict: linuxprinting
> finds no driver
> > for it.
I took a non-supported printer and hooked it up to a
Netgear PS121 print server I picked up on ebay.  The PS121
is a little box with a USB plug on one side and an RJ45
on the other.  In system-config-printer it looks like a
networked Unix LPD printer.  I had to load a special LPD
driver to use it on a windows box, but it worked correctly
with my FC4 box once I figure out that the queue name was P1.

I like this solution as the printer is network available without
having to make sure that the correct machine is powered up.

Bob Styma