Re: Signals

John Summerfield wrote:
Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

Hi ALL

How do I capture SIGNALS on Linux Box using a script means to say that
"signal" is a technical term un Unix with a meaning different from what I think you mean.

my Linux box is up or down or rebooted or crashed so that it will send
a mail to me saying that the machine is down or rebooted
You can use a package called "mon" to monitor services (including on other systems) to see what's running and to detect problems.

To detect when a system's rebooted, just add a script to /etc/init.d (use others as a guide) to send you email when it's run. Don't forget to enable it using chkconfig.

Where would I find the mon package? It doesn't seem to be part of the normal FC4 set.

"The two most common things in the	| Bill Perkins
universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity."	| perk@xxxxxxx
					| programmer-at-large
		F. Zappa		| ALL assembly languages done here.