Re: File icon in FC4

chen li wrote:
Hi all,

I use FC4 for a while. When I create a new file or
download a file to my desktop I can see them in the
terminal but I can't see the icons on the desktop. But
when I logout and then login again they show up on the
desktop. I wonder how to fix it so that the files will
appear on the desktop after they are created.

Thank all for the reply,

Li

The easiest way is to click on the desktop and press ctl-r (control-r) to refresh the desktop image. The desktop is painted, refreshed occasionally instead of being actively refreshed in short cycles.

I was bit by this desktop property way back on earlier releases. I guess most people learned about ctl-r and accept this desktop shortcoming.

Jim

--
Well fix that in the next (upgrade, update, patch release, service pack).