Re: [FC4] System locks up when booting installation DVD

Rick Stevens wrote:
Sounds like a GUI issue.  Try installing in text mode.  It would also
be of help if you'd describe your system (motherboard make, hard drives,
memory, CPU, etc.)

I don't think it's a GUI issue because this is still before the kernel
starts. Doesn't matter whether I boot 'linux' or 'linux text'.

But you're right, I should have included my system config:

Motherboard: MSI K7N420 Pro
CPU: Athlon XP
Memory: 256 MB
3ware Escalade 7000-2 RAID controller