./configure question

Hi,
I have noticed that if I have installed say two packages - A.tgz
(source) and B.rpm, and now I want to install C.rpm (depending on both A
and B), the installer doesn't find the (installed) dependency A.

So I think that configure by default uses different paths  than rpm and
I should pass some parameters, like
./configure --prefix=?

What is the exact parameter that I have to pass to configure to make
both installations from source and from rpm compatible, or is the
problem elsewhere?

I use FC3, RPM version 4.3.2

Peter Kostov
--