Re: [OT] Cannot save BIOS settings

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 07:44 -0800, Tod Merley wrote:
> Forgot to change subject - my regrets.

Just so you're aware:  When you reply to a message, it's the message ID
headers that tie replies to prior messages (threading), not the subject
line.  (Have a look at some message headers, and see those in-reply-to
and references headers - they're the ones that are used for threading.)

If you reply to the digest, you've replied *to* the digest.  It won't be
threaded with the original posts.  Changing the subject won't help, that
only makes it *look* like its part of the thread.  On real mail clients,
that thread properly, your message will be separate, and probably lost
by those following the thread.

That is what happened here.  Your message appears at some random place,
unthreaded, unconnected, with the original conversation.

If you must reply to digests, you really need a mail client that can
break apart the individual messages in a digest and reply to it
individually.  And even then, I don't know if the digest will have
enough headers in its sections to keep replies in a thread.

I read messages from the public lists.