Re: What do you think of Centos

Mike McCarty wrote:
Christofer C. Bell wrote:

On 2/22/06, Andy Green <andy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Identifying with RHAT and acknowledging the benefits we get from their
work are Good Things, but there is nothing wrong with respins IMO,
legally or morally, in fact its the whole idea.

That is absolutely untrue.  The "whole idea" of the GPL and Free
software is to allow anyone to "add value" to what's out there. That's not what CentOS and White Box do. They take someone else's
work, remove references to the people that did the work, and package
it up so that you can "freely" use Red Hat's efforts in creating RHEL.

Yes, they are assisting in "adding value". Have you ever heard of
the concept of the "middle man"? If I get a copy of RHEL, those

BTW, that was a *serious* question. There are people here who
do not speak English as a first language, and I'm sure I don't
know special terms like that in any of the other languages I speak.
I was not sarcastic or ironic even.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.