Re: What do you think of Centos

-- My Two Cents --
Please

Let's not forget that CentOS is absolutely covered in the GPL, which,
by the way, is completely endorsed by Red Hat.

Aside from this, the ethics here were already addressed 18 years ago
with the release of the GPL, stating, among other things, that the
terms and conditions of the GPL are available to anybody receiving a
copy of the GPLed work ("the licensee"). Any licensee who adheres to
the terms and conditions is given permission to modify the work, as
well as to copy and redistribute the work or any derivative version.
The licensee is allowed to charge a fee for this service, or do this
free of charge."

The GPL additionally states that a distributor may not impose "further
restrictions on the rights granted by the GPL". This forbids e.g. the
distribution of the software under a non-disclosure agreement or
contract. Distributors under the GPL also grant a license for any of
their patents practiced by the software, to practice those patents in
GPL software.

If you want to support Red Hat monetarily, buy the product.  But don't
condemn CentOS or any other organization for their use of Open Source
as it is intended to be used.