Re: using Minicom to send & receive files

Gowri Satish Adimulam wrote:
Hi ,

I have some requirement ,
where my minicom is used as hyperteminal on ttyS1  as a console to my
small embedded system,
Now i want to download files File X from my PC( FC4) to small embedded
system.

Can i do this , If yes How can i do ?

I used to do this on a regular basis to an MC68HC11 based system
running BUFFALO. Use ALT-S for send files. Then
select the appropriate protocol. You may need to set up the
protocol. To set up protocols, use ALT-O -> File Transfer Protocols.
Here's how I have mine set up...

A  zmodem     /usr/bin/sz -vv -b              Y    U    N       Y       Y
B  ymodem     /usr/bin/sb -vv                 Y    U    N       Y       Y
C  xmodem     /usr/bin/sx -vv                 Y    U    N       Y       N
D  zmodem     /usr/bin/rz -vv -b -E           N    D    N       Y       Y
E  ymodem     /usr/bin/rb -vv                 N    D    N       Y       Y
F  xmodem     /usr/bin/rx -vv                 Y    D    N       Y       N
G  kermit     /usr/bin/kermit -i -l %l -s     Y    U    Y       N       N
H  kermit     /usr/bin/kermit -i -l %l -r     N    D    Y       N       N
I  ascii      /usr/bin/ascii-xfr -dsv         Y    U    N       Y       N
J  ascii      /usr/bin/ascii-xfr -drv         Y    D    N       Y       N
K  ascii slow /usr/bin/ascii-xfr -dsvc10      Y    U    N       Y       N

I set up "ascii slow" so I could burn S-records to EEPROM. It has
long delays for burn time.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Well, those are mine.

Mike