Re: [OT] The GPL and possible violations

Joel Rees wrote:

On 2006.2.22, at 12:36 AM, Mike McCarty wrote:

and it's the plain statement of
Richard Stallman that simply including the header is enough to
invoke those sections.

But you can write your own header. Header files which are compatible

Certainly. Or even just put prototypes in line. Or just live without
prototypes and put casts where needed. Not good coding practice.

with other header files have been held up in court as being within the domain of fair use. (May require some care.)

Eh, care to give a cite?

glib is one example of how that works.

If you mean the GTK glib, then it LGPL, and as the website
states, it is usable for development of proprietary software
under those terms without license fee or royalty.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.