Re: [POLITICS] Re: When is the Last Time You Booted to Windows?

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 10:02, Mike McCarty wrote:

> My position on this matter is that if one writes something original,
> then the moment he writes it, it is his sole property.

But, you have to make an exception for a work that modifies
something covered by the GPL.  If you do such work you do not
control it.  You cannot even give it away without restrictions.
According to the FSF you do not have the option to distribute
it under any terms but the GPL.  With any other license you can
distribute your own work under your own terms and leave it up to
the end user to obtain appropriate licenses for any other necessary
components.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx