Re: how to use an older gcc ?

On Monday 20 February 2006 12:11, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> Hi,
> I have to compile qemu 0.8 RPM on a fedora core 4 box.
> FC4 comes with gcc4 but qemu wont compile with it.
>
> How should I do to get temporarily a gcc 3.3.6 just to compile it then
> get back to my gcc 4?
>
> I lost my FC4/FC3 CDs, would you know a (FTP if possibe) repository
> where I could find a gcc 3.3.6 rpm?
>
> --
> A powerfull GroupWare, CMS, CRM, ECM: CPS (Open Source & GPL).
> Opengroupware, SPIP, Plone, PhpBB, JetSpeed... are good: CPS is better.
> http://www.cps-project.org for downloads & documentation.
> Free hosting of CPS groupware: http://www.objectis.org.
You could download the old rpm and install it in a secondary directory and
compile static binaries.

>From man rpm;

       --relocate OLDPATH=NEWPATH
              For  relocatable binary packages, translate all file paths that
start with OLDPATH in the package relocation hint(s) to NEWPATH.  This option
can  be  used  repeatedly  if several OLDPATH’s in the package are to be
relocated.

--

Some people have convictions.
Some people have opinions