Do I need the hplip service?

>From the RPM description of the "hplip" service I can't tell if I need it or
not.

My FC4 desktop machine accesses only a single printer.  It is a networked HP
Color LaserJet, shared from a CUPS server.  I get to this printer via a
locally-running copy of CUPS.  I have no local printers attached to my
machine.

So data to be printed takes this path:

  local-machine(CUPS) --> network-server(CUPS) --> printer(HP JetDirect)

Given these circumstances, do I need to have the "hplip" service running on
my desktop machine?

Thanks.