Re: When is the Last Time You Booted to Windows?

Andy Green wrote:

The manufacturers accept such restrictions only because they know a
binary-only distribution is acceptable, for example, in the Windows
world.  At the edges already Linux challenges this assumption (because
the benefits using it brings outweigh the risk from loss of obfuscation
of the code) and can bring about change.  So it isn't enough to consider
the situation as it is, one also needs to consider what Linux can make
be by its policies towards closed source modules.

I don't buy the story that certain classes of device can never have open
source drivers regardless of all considerations.  If Linux is desirable

Who argued this? I haven't seen this argument.

enough to become a no questions design-in, then it will impact decisions
all around it and that can be in a positive way.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.