Re: [OT] The GPL and possible violations

Hi,
Ok, I have to admit, I have not been playing close attention to this
discussion, but what I have seen has raised a question for me.  I would like
a clarification.  Do I, as an end user have the right to install non-GPL
software (e.g. RealPlayer) on my Linux box if it links to GPL software?  Can
I install non-GPL software which links to anything it wants to on my
computer?  Is it legal for non-GPL software distributors (RealPlayer, et. al)
to furnish software to me which links to GPL software?  Wouldn't it only be a
problem if I were to somehow redistribute the non-GPL--GPL software
combination?  In other words, can non-GPL distributors (again RealPlayer for
example), give me whatever software they want to, which links to whatever it
wants to, as long as I, the end-user, do not distribute the resulting
GPL-non--GPL combination?  Thank you.
--
For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever
believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.