Re: Book recommendation

On Sun, 2006-02-19 at 12:20 -0500, David Cary Hart wrote:
> One thing that both helps and hinders is to install webmin. It helps
> because it provides a GUI to server configurations, IPTables and a
> host of other things. It hinders because you really need to learn the
> command line.

Webmin, and things like it, need maintaining as rapidly as everything
that it can control.  If one of them develops differently, webmin will
still be trying to configure it the old way.

That was one of the serious drawbacks with with Linuxconf.  After a
while, it was configuring things wrong.

I read messages from the public lists.