Gnome-panel crash

Hello.

All of a sudden the gnome panel in my FC4 installation crashes "unexpectedly" whenever I click on the red-hat button to open the main menu.

I don't know what has happened, when I turned on the PC this morning it worked perfectly, now it crashes always. Rebooting doesn't fix the problem. Deleting all gnome-related folders in the home make things worse because the gnome-panel crashes whenever it loads.

There is nothing unusual in the log files, not even a row indicating that something wrong happened. I see that the gnome bugzilla site is full of gnome-panel crashes but I haven't found the reason and (most importantly) the fix. The gnome version is 2.10.0.

Can someone help me ?
Thanks.

Bye