Re: USB Plugs on Monitor not working

On 2/16/06, Claude Jones <claude_jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri February 17 2006 1:56 am, Christopher Stone wrote:
> > The usb ports are getting power though because I can still
> > recharge my mouse battery using one of these ports.
> Maybe it's a powered hub, that's getting powered by the AC you power the
> monitor with?
>
> > The thing is that
> > it was working once, but no longer works. Does anyone have any
> > similar experience with this issue who might be able to give some
> > pointers?
> If it were me, I'd be checking to see if I'd forgotten to plug in a cable
> between monitor and PC - those kinds of things seem to be happening to me
> increasingly as the years march by.... ;-)
> If the cable is there, maybe try a new one.

I rechecked my plugs and they are all plugged in, however when I plug
in the usb port from my monitor onto my PC I get the following errors
showing up in my message log:

Feb 16 23:38:21 rivendell kernel: usb 2-1: new full speed USB device
using ohci_hcd and address 29
Feb 16 23:38:21 rivendell kernel: usb 2-1: device descriptor read/64, error -110

Any ideas what might be causing that?