Re: PC speaker does not speak

Jim Cornette wrote:

Sam Varshavchik wrote:

Even after modprobing pcspkr (and verifying that it's loaded, via lsmod), I can't seem to make my laptop squawk. "echo -e '\\007'", neither in a terminal window, nor or any one of the ALT-VTs, seems to have any effect.

I don't know the CLI equivalent. If you click on the volume control properties and then highlight the pc speaker choice, echo -e \\007 will result in a beep. I messed with the settings a moment ago after the posting related to the volume settings. There is a slide control to set the pc speaker volume on the open volume control.

That's interesting, because the hardware has no possiblity
of actually changing the volume. It's a bit port with a
timer channel attached.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.