Re: a^ (ahat) in error messages from gcc

Reg Clemens wrote:
I sent this message to the list yesterday, but I have never seen
it,  Sorry if you see it twice.

---

When I use gcc, (FC4) I find that the error messages are
'full' of the character a-hat, viz

    interest-rate.c: In function â:
    interest-rate.c:20: error: â undeclared (first use in this function)

This looks like an internal error in the compiler, where a pointer
to a character string has not been initialized, or has been clobbered.

What am I doing wrong and/or what do I need to do to fix this ???
Im sure this has come up before, but I cant find it...

Get another copy of the compiler, as yours may be clobbered,
and reinstall. If the problem doesn't go away, then file
a defect report against gcc.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.