Re: Why are these ports open in iptables on new FC4 install?

	:

> > I also don't understand why ports 50 and 51 are open.  I don't plan on
> > setting up a VPN at the moment and I don't know why these would be open
> > by default on a new install.

> Seems to me if you are one who's using IP6 it's something you'd want. If
> there's no IP6 around in your area, I don't see a problem.

	As has been pointed out, that's not ports 50 and 51 but protocols 50
and 51 which are both part of IPSec (ESP and AH) and have nothing to do
with IPv6.  If you DON'T have IPv6 in your area, and you want to use it
anyways, you might want protocol 41 (6in4 / 6to4) for IPv6 in IPv4
encapsulation (both static tunnels and 6to4 autotunnels).  If you DO
have IPv6 in your area, nothing in this table applies anyways,
(reference ip6tables) since native IPv6 packets won't even pass through
this table.

	:

> Cheers
> John