Re: optimesing NFS Server for e.g. remote Backup

Tony Molloy schrieb:
On Thursday 16 February 2006 07:45, Götz Reinicke wrote:
Hi,

I have some RHEL4 servers and want to set up a central backup system
with a "big" harddisk. I found a very nice shell-script, doing
incremental backups using tar.

Any ideas what coul be wrong? The Backups are about 10 GB +- up to 100
GB in the future.

With that amount of data to backup don't use tar, use rsync instead. Rsync is much faster as it only copies the parts of files which have changed. An excellent backup system using rsync to try is BackupPC < backuppc.sourceforge.net >. It does full and incremental backups using rsync.
<...>

This sounds fine! I'll give it a try!

Thank you Tony!

Tony